Wednesday 28 January 2015

My Strength that became weak

Hi! I'm Pooja and I’ve never liked visiting hospitals, especially when I play the patient. It makes me feel sick even if I’m quite fine. And throughout my school life I was lucky enough to avoid hospitals as I hardly fell sick. I would flaunt my strong immunity to everyone. I could play basketball for long hours and I could even challenge boys in athletics. I felt so confident in everything I did.
 

Last year, on the 20th of August, after about 12 years, I was running high temperature and the reports showed that I was suffering Typhoid. I became so weak that I had to take drips twice a day. I could do nothing but lie on the bed for an entire week. It was then that I realised that I wasn’t as fit as I was during my schooling. And the sole reason for it was the discontinuance of physical activities. Once I stepped into college, sports had no role in my daily schedule. I hardly shed sweat and as a result I had to follow a strict diet to maintain my waistline.
 
Earlier I played basketball every day for at least an hour and a half, I would go cycling to school, and of course, I ate whatever I felt like. It was my sports that gave me the fitness. Dieting alone can only assure a lean figure whereas exercise keeps you active, strengthens the immune system and yes, maintains the figure too. It make you bold and competent in life.
 
After a week, when I went to college, the first question anyone would ask was how do you feel now?? Or are you still on your pills?? I felt bad about the health deterioration.
 
 
It’s been a few months and till date I’m not back to the real ME.
 
In October I turned 18 and I had a long-time wish of donating blood on the very day I become an adult legally. But due to Typhoid, I had to wait for a minimum period of six months before I can give blood and I’m still waiting.
 
I’ve learnt my lesson for skipping physical exercise and I hope you don’t repeat my mistakes and compromise with your wishes, may it be blood donation or having a big bowl of full fat ice-cream.  


“Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” ~Plato


                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment